Widow Raising New Questions About Electrocutions in Iraq
Husband Died While Showering in Baghdad
Carol Han – November 25, 2009
Adam's widow Janine Hermanson
WASHINGTON — It appears as if 18 deaths, a congressional probe and new military marching orders were not enough to end a rash of electrocutions in Iraq.
Now, a Pennsylvania woman is demanding accountability after her husband, an Air Force veteran and military contractor, died in a Baghdad shower Sept. 1. Adam Hermanson’s death comes less than two years after a Pittsburgh soldier, Staff Sgt. Ryan Maseth, was electrocuted while taking a shower in Iraq.
Janine Hermanson, of Muncy, Pa., says that for the past two months, she has been getting the runaround from military investigators and Triple Canopy, the Defense Department contractor that hired her husband.
SLIDESHOW: Widow Raising New Questions About Electrocutions in Iraq
KIROTV Video-In depth exclusive
KIROTV Video-Janine Hermanson “How I cope”
KIROTV Video-Janine Hermanson “No one will give me answers”
Senator Casey-Closing the contractor loophole
“It’s so frustrating,” Janine Hermanson said. “All I want to know is what happened to him and why it happened to him but no one can tell me. No one seems to care to tell me.”
Janine Hermanson’s search for answers started not long after she received a phone call from the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad. Hermanson says the woman on the phone told her there was no foul play involved.
It’s the same point repeated in a letter she received from the U.S Embassy in Iraq dated Sept. 1. In it, Jennifer Tierney, chief of American Citizen Services, writes: “There is no indication of any foul play or unusual circumstances.”
Read the entire letter HERE.
“I didn’t understand,” Janine Hermanson said. “He didn’t have any medical problems. No health problems.” Read the remainder of this entry »
Pages: 1 2