3rd Circuit Court of Appeals Reverses Decision in Electrocution Death of SSG Ryan Maseth
Many of you have been following this case since I started posting about it in 2008. Cheryl’s son, 22 year old SSG Ryan Maseth, was electrocuted and died in a shower in his living quarters on January 2, 2008 in Baghdad, Irag. The electrocution was determined to be caused from a water pump that was improperly installed and not properly grounded by KBR.
KBR has always claimed the Army was responsible and that they (KBR) were protected by the Political Question Doctrine and immune from civil action. Well I guess that may not be the case.
I will update when I get more information! It looks like Cheryl Harris and Ryan Maseth just might get their day in court!!
UPDATED: Other articles are this decision to reverse lower court ruling