No justice in the electrocution death of SSG Ryan Maseth (updated with Opinion)
Initially, the building was to house offices and a command post, instead of living quarters, so “making the building safe for living quarters was not considered a priority during the renovations,” the judge found.
One general said in his deposition that the Army approved of housing soldiers — including himself — in such substandard buildings because they were still considered safer than more temporary structures that might not withstand artillery fire.
Stickman contends that’s not relevant because KBR signed off on work orders to repair specific electrical problems in the building, which should have prevented Maseth’s death had the work been done properly.
But Fischer found the Army’s contract required KBR to maintain the “existing electrical systems” — substandard though they were — not to improve them. (click HERE for original article)
Pages: 1 2