Fluor’s LOCAP IV offer for KBR employees in Afghanistan
Below are notes from a meeting of a current KBR employee at Kabul, Afghanistan. The meeting was held on October 6, 2009 and was about the Fluor / ITT / KBR transition and how it will affect current KBR employees. The notes are as I received them except for minor formatting changes and I added “(Flour)” in several places for clarification. There is also some “scuttle butt” that KBR LOGCAP III Afghanistan will now report to Houston and not Baghdad. Can anyone confirm or deny that rumor.
- (Flour)Taking Over 62 FOB’s and Starting 20 New FOB’s
- They(Flour) Will Make Us Verbal Offers First, If Accepted, And then They Will Notify KBR for KBR Out Processing.
- Pay 80% Uplift on 1st 40 Hours
- Bi Weekly Pay Periods – Pay Direct Deposited Into Bank(s) of Choice
- No Cash Advances
- Must Apply Online
- Sign-On Bonus $2,500.00 (In Your First Check), Must Be Returned If You Do Not Complete Your Year.
- End Of Year; You Get A Completion Bonus Of $3,000.00
- You Get 4 R&Rs Per Year (1 Every 91 Days)
- R&R has to be taken Every 6 Months. (Fluor / ITT Make You Take 1 At Least Every 6 Months)
- $4,250.00 Paid for R&R; You Must Buy Own Ticket From Dubai. 40% uplift While on R&R on for Weekdays, Weekends Not Counted.
- Free Trip to Dubai (They (Flour) Pay For 1st Day Out and 1st Day In From R&R plus Per Diem For Food)
- R&R’s Are 9 Days Plus 4 Travel Days (They (Flour) Don’t Count Weekends In Your Nine Days, And You Don’t Get Paid For Them Either)
- 4th R&R You Get The $4,250.00 And The $3,000.00 End of Year Bonus. (If You Decide To DeMob Before 45 Days
- After End Of Years R&R, They (Flour) Take Back The $4,250.00 But Pay Your Ticket Home)
- 401K (Not Matched Dollar For Dollar)
- Medical / Dental
- Company Paid 50K Life Insurance
- Company Paid 50K AD&D Insurance
- Company Paid Short Term and Long Term Disability
- EAP Assistance
I can not confirm the accuracy of these notes. If anyone else wants to chime in with what they’ve been told, that would great. If you have a question, ask it in the comments. If you know the answer….answer it. That way everyone gets the info.
Other Related Posts From Ms Sparky
- Dyncorp & DRS Technology employees killed in Afghanistan (Updated 9/13/2010)
- Employees can’t transfer without offer and BMI of less than 40
- Employees frustrated with LOGCAP IV transition in Afghanistan
- Is Dyncorp hiring employees or asking for volunteers in Afghanistan?
- Will KBR Employees in Iraq and Afghanistan Get Their Raises?