Home » Reports & Investigations » Commission on Wartime Contracting (CWC) » KBR Loses Afghanistan to Fluor & Dyncorp

KBR Loses Afghanistan to Fluor & Dyncorp

DynCorp, Fluor Win Afghan Support Work Worth Up to $7.5 Billion

By Tony Capaccio

July 7, 2009 (Bloomberg) — DynCorp International Inc. and Fluor Corp. have been picked over KBR Inc. for five-year contracts worth as much as $7.5 billion for each company, if all options are exercised, to support the U.S. troop build-up in Afghanistan, according to an Army official.

Falls Church, Virginia-based DynCorp International Inc. and Irving, Texas-based Fluor Corp. each won basic one-year contracts worth as much as $1.5 billion and four one-year options, Jim Loehrl, executive director of the Army Rock Island, Illinois, Contracting Center, said in a telephone interview.

Today’s awards are the sixth and seventh — and largest — since the program was revamped in April 2008 into a competition that now pits Houston, Texas-based KBR, the incumbent contractor that won the original logistics contract in 2001, against DynCorp and Flour for individual tasks. KBR hasn’t yet won a task order.

KBR “remains committed to providing the Army quality service,” KBR spokeswoman Heather Browne in an e-mail response to a request for comment. “We remain proud of the work we have performed and we are humbled to serve our troops.”

DynCorp will take over services KBR provided for tasks such as laundry, food services and maintenance for existing base camps in southern Afghanistan. It also will build new bases as needed to accommodate the increase to about 68,000 troops from about 57,000 today. Fluor will take over similar services in northern Afghanistan.

Asked why KBR didn’t win any of the new orders, Loehrl declined to provide specifics.

Past Performance

The selection process took into account the technical aspects of a proposal, past performance and cost, Loehrl said.

“The Army awarded contracts to the companies that provided the best value,” he said.

Houston-based KBR, then a unit of Halliburton, won the prior competitive logistics contract in December 2001 and has since become the largest contractor in Iraq. That contract is worth $31.7 billion this year, according to Army figures.

“KBR has a proven track record of serving the military in an austere and unpredictable environment,” Browne said in her e-mail. “Our commitment in this regard will continue.”

KBR has drawn continued criticism from Pentagon auditors for its bookkeeping practices and costs incurred with the contract even as it has been praised by troops and commanders for the services provided.

A congressionally mandated independent bipartisan panel on wartime contracting concluded in its first report last month that KBR wasted billions of dollars through inefficiencies, lax oversight and poor management of its contract.

“The services could have been delivered for billions of dollars less,” the commission said in a report released at a hearing of the House Oversight and Government Reform’s national security panel. “Substantial evidence supports the view” that KBR’s services “cost too much.”

Loerhl said KBR was entitled under the law to protest the awards.  (click HERE for the original article)

First KBR loses Kuwait and now Afghanistan. Hmmm. If we can’t get them to pay in the “jury award” area, we can try to get them in the “no more billion dollar contracts” area.

Looks like I have a new Heather Brown quote!! “We remain proud of the work we have performed….” Really?

Type your document in MS Word and then copy and paste it to this site!

• Comment by benjamin:

Bros n sis thanx for the support u give or comment coz on my view we come from varried diasporas with varied economies. It’s not a matter of comparison here but a matter of delivering coz as per my opinion nomatter how much the lion eats there must b something for the hyena/vulture to devour. None was coersed to work. I may not quote nationalities, personalities those r shallow politics live to see another day, go home pay off ur house,do whatever pleases you.It’s not how much money u get but what that li’l money does.Imagine a scenerio where there’s no tcns as you called, who will the expart lead or it will be expart over expart we’r all important to this contractin’ bizz coz whatsoever someday we’ll leave to our countries of domicile watch ur qoutes ladies n gents shall we b scared of ur remarks, or incomings?

2. Comment by bagram1:

KBR failed because of TCN’s, say what you want that is the truth. You say that I am discriminating? How By telling the truth? Do you even know how the pay scale works? Well let me break a few things down to you, and because I have to break it down to you is also another reason KBR lost the contract, “communication” wasn’t a TCN’s best friend either. The money that is awarded by the us government in contracts comes from the american tax payer, that means an american citizen paying money to the government, with me? That money in return is used for a lot of things, but we are going to talk about the paychecks. An expat food service worker gets paid lets say 2,000 a month, and then lets say a TCN also gets paid 2,000 a month. Hmmm why would I pay a TCN 2,000 a month if I can just hire an american for that amount of cash? The whole point in hiring a TCN as a contracting company is because it is cheaper labor, and I agree with that philosophy, because it “saves” a company money. What I do not agree with is why KBR put a majority of TCN’s on the same pay scale as EXpats? And TCN’s don’t have tp pay a penny in taxes!There are plenty of unemployed americans in the states that have the “right” in my opinion to have a first crack at that job since it is american tax payer money that is involved. And I am not knocking KBR as a company, I am airing my grievences on my personal experience right here in afghanistan. And I will not sit here and go on and on about this, but I will say this, you say that I am descriminating against TCN’s, I think it is more tired of seeing the american having to pick up the slack where you guys leave off, such as having to do things that the military bars TCN’s from doing, such as hauling ammo and certain flightline duties etc. Fact is that the LOGCAP IV project is rumored to have a ratio of 80% expat and 20 % TCN, I pray this is the case as to not another US tax paying dollar should be wasted outside the united states such as it has been by KBR, and I pray that plenty of US citizens struggling to make through the day get an opportunity to work on this new project with fluor or dyncorp. Last but not least every encounter I have had with a TCN has always been about money and never about the military personel that we are here to support, not saying all expats make it a priority, but I know that a majority of expats make it thier top priority. I would like to thank you to the US Military who everday is giving one hundred and ten percent out here in Afghanistan, and whether it be KBR,Fluor or Dyncorp, the troops should ALWAYS come first.

I couldn’t agree with you more on absolutely every point. Thank you!

• Comment by michael:

can i just say that tcn’s dont get paid anything near that of ex-pats . tcn’s are there with no holidays and very liitle of the stuff that the ex-pats take for granted . they cant use the px or any of the mwr stuff . even the FN’s are not on the same payscale as each other . people from bosnia dont get the same as people from the uk . all the tcn’s are hard working and very loyal . one of the reasons their there is to do the jobs that ex-pats dont want to do ‘ porta pots , trash ect’ . if they go sick their companys can and will send them home . many of them pay $2000-$5000 to a middle man to get these jobs. yip kbr wasted money , but it wasnt on tcn’s . they also have their pasports taken off them which is in breach of international law . so please get your facts right before you start throwing that sort of stuff about

• Comment by TCN as your titled:

Could you please tell me, how come a person become expats only because he is holding an American passport, as per the latest report, there are more than 200000 foreign expats and labors working in Iraq, since 2003 supporting US troop in all the sectors,

I have seen some of the Americans working in Iraq (in your knowledge they are expats) didn’t even have a basic knowledge in their field; some of them have not even completed their high school, earning more than 3 times than a foreign expats, so your comments are equivalent for all,

You can comment, sitting in the air conditioned well protected office with the 20 feet T- walls, I have not seen any one American citizen removing the sewage, trash or cleaning the port to johns in my 5 years of employment in Iraq,

So give respect for the people, who is serving your country men in the combat environment, when you’re calculating the tax free money, you should also remember their service,

Please, we are all here for one mission, that is service, job and money is apart from this goal, don’t compare each other,

Thank you.

• Comment by Tim Jenkins:

I agree. You see mostly people from balkan countries over here taking American jobs, they strut around talking trash about America, using the restrooms here in the most disgusting manner you can imagine, taking advantage of their positions in every possible way. I don’t know how many times they’ve been caught doing illegal activities around Fluor Village in Bagram. I can only hope and pray for their swift departure, most Americans here have nothing good to say about them except course the males who are sleeping with the “easy” balkan females.

Sounds like bargram1 has it right.

• Comment by michael:

bagram1 does’nt have anything right , tcn’s get paid a fraction of what ex-pats get . ex-pat might get $4500 a month and tcn’s will get $500 a month and most of them do more work

4. Comment by bagram1:

Thank you to all who understand and agree with me, because if you have worked with KBR in Afganistan then you will definitely know what I am talking about. I have had so many TCN’s come up to me and brag about thier “special” treatment that I have just had enough. Not all are bad, but the majority outweighs the good. But Sparky definitely has it right, because the management here in Afghanistan was like a mob, corrupt plain and simple, and to answer the question of that individual who i am betting on is a TCN, who wanted to know why the termination ratio of the Expat compared to the TCN was so high, well I guess it would be that way when you have a female in a high HR position, who handles the recruiting for Afganistan right here in Bagram, having a realtionship with a TCN…sparky you know who I am talking about right? I am sure you do :-)…amazes me how dumb the TCN’s thought we were, or how blind we thought we were….truly sad, and KBR in houston would be ashamed if they truly knew what upper management was doing here, or did they know? Sparky what do you think?

5. Comment by John Q:

What is ratio TCN vs. Expat employees? Facts please facts only.

I worked all across Theater, I am TCN….. I had base 3500, and US Citizen who was Coordinator working for me had 3600 base, logical pay scale is it? Personally did not bother me, nobody forced me to work.

Nevertheless, you all have in mind that not many US Citizens want to work overseas, and you all know that they would not be able to fill all those positions with US Citizens for that sole reason.

Respect to all who have worked there, still working there and have courage to work there.

A TCN handles the recruiting in BAGRAM! More B.S.! The TCN in HR needs to go as well as the Project Manager. By the way, I was there in KAF and BAF from 03-05. I know what your talking regarding the network. It’s even worse than before. I thought the Klan, Rednecks, Good Ole Boys and the Bruthers were running the place into the ground. Guess I forgot to include the TCN’s as well.

7. Comment by liketoknow:

What does this mean to KBR worker? would they be coming home soon? Or would DynCorp give them a job?

8. Comment by lookingforlogcapiv:

Ms Sparky and readers,
    I just hope to GOD the new companies get it right!

The person mentioned below
    once wrote a fictional inspection report in 2007:

James (Jim) Ball
    KBR QA/QC
    Construction Inspector
    Bagram Afghanistan
    PH. 713-970-5653
    Cell 079 716 5706

10. Comment by Curious:

Baboo Remembers said,on August 7th, 2009 at 12:30 pm The person mentioned below
    once wrote a fictional inspection report in 2007

Baboo – Only Once? If he would have written more he would have been transferred & promoted.

11. Comment by PropertyOne:

I’ve read most of these posts, not all but most, and frankly, I don’t understand the general cry baby bitchy tone of most of them. I was with KBR from November, 2002 until April 2005. Were there problems? Of course there were. Could we have done things better? In hindsight, sure. I was sent to Camp Arfjan, Kuwait before the war. I was one of the original 30 KBR employees sent to that camp. When we arrived, there was nothing but a dirt road from the highway to the wire surrounding a bunch of abandoned warehouse buildings. We lived in three tents and were told to build a base because it looked like a war might be coming. And we did.

I was there when the Army gave us our gas masks, atropine injectors, 10cc’s of valium and a chem suit. I was there when troops began to arrive by the thousands and we worked night and day to put up the tents for them. I was there when the raid sirens went off and the skuds were flying. We were told Sadam had WMD’s. Doesn’t matter that he didn’t. When you’re huddled in a bunker breathing through a mask, he had them as far as you were concerned.

I was at the APOD when the 82nd arrived and found out they didn’t have cots to sleep on. KBR, me and my department in KBR that is, got them their cots from Doha. It took us all night but I remember very well when that flatbed pulled in to the camp loaded down with cots. I lost count of all the soldiers who shook my hand that night.

I was at Cedar II that summer when the army told us to build a camp where NOTHING was before. We ate MRE’s for two months. No running water. No toilets. We used a pipe we burried in the sand for a urnal and cut a steel drum in half for a commode. I thought we had all died and gone to heaven when we got an air conditioner for our fes tent. When the DFAC opened for its first meal, the line stretched from one side of the camp to the other. Nobody hated KBR then.

I was at Babylon under Polish command when the flares were going off at night and the tower guards were lighting up the bushes. KBR adapted to the Polish army’s ways and made an excellent camp — all the while complying with the archeologist’s requests not to dig holes or trenches. That meant we had to use porta-potties far longer than anybody else in theater. No sewage system was allowed.

From Babylon, I joined TTM, a much maligned mission within KBR but one that did the most dangerous job of all. I remember going to Scania when the camp manager there had a sign up saying the man camp was was off limts to the truck drivers. By this time, I was one of those incompetent managers I hear so much about on this post. That sign came down while I was there and the convoy I was riding to BIAP ate dinner at the DFAC and used the phones to call home. Just one of those things in hindsight that KBR should have done better. I spent my time in Anaconda, as well.

My point in all this is not to tell boring war stories. My point is that, despite not always doing it exactly right, we did it. I worked hard. I worked very hard and almost everyone around me did as well. That includes the TCN’s. Oh yeah, I forgot. I was there when the very first TCN’s arrived fresh from the Balkans. Some of them I liked. Some I liked a lot. Some were at best, average. All were clanish. The “Bosnian Mafia” was a very real thing. Should KBR have brought over so many of their Balkan employees? No, they shouldn’t have. Not under those circumstances, working so closely as we were with the army. That was a huge mistake on their part. Why did they do it? Cost. TCN’s were cheaper than US workers and it allowed the company to show the auditors how much money in payroll they were saving. Did KBR get the cream of the American worker’s crop? Hardly. Most of the workers I ran in to over there had no resume to speak of. I saw American carpenters who couldn’t drive a nail with a hammer. Our first finance manager was working at a car lot before he came to Arifjan. At TTM, how many times did tractors pull out of the yard without making sure their fifth wheel was hooked in to their trailers? A lot. No, not always the best but like I said way up there in the beginning of my soapbox speach, we did it with what we had to work with.

I was, I am and I will always be proud to say I was a KBR expat in Iraq and Kuwait.

There is a big difference between “get er done” in 2002 and 2009. The person on the ground making it happen (like the cots) have always rated high on my list. KBR management is my problem. I am proud of the work I did and as an electrician I know for a fact I didn’t electrocute anyone. I wasn’t then nor am I now proud to have worked for KBR.

It took real people who had a set of balls to go Iraq in the early days. As you know it all to hell in hand bag after you left in 2005!

13. Comment by bunker rat:

I worked for KBR. I agree that a lot of things could have been done differently. My supervisor was a black man who had a real problem with white men. I once heard him say to some of his black foremen that the black man was in power over here(Iraq)and that they couldn’t let the white man get them down. That was the type of person that was in charge. I was sent to Scania one month after being in country with the understanding that it was only temporary and would be back in one month and other personnel would be rotated in. That did not happen so I De-mobed. The lying and deceit was too much.

14. Comment by bunker rat:

My question is can we apply to dyn, and fluor if we demo? from KBR?
    I LIKE EVERYONE ELSE IS TRYING TO MAKE ENDS MEET HERE IN THE US, NOT HAPPENING !!!!
    IF YOU COULD HELP WITH ANY IDEAL’S THANKS…
    HAVE A GOOD ONE bunkerrat65

Yes you can apply with any contractor if you demob. There have been reports that Fluor will only hire people that are eligible for re-hire with KBR. You might want to check and see what your re-hire status is with KBR.

15. Comment by ballgame:

I have heard that Fluor is not only hiring people who are eligible for re-hire with KBR. They are hiring people “they” think are good for the job. For one, KBR, or any company for that matter, will not give out that information to another company. If they did, they could get sued for defamation of character. If they do, then I recommend any person to file a suit against that company. Trust me…you will win. There are numerous cases that set this precedent.

Cheerio

16. Comment by A TCN:

I am working here in LOGCAP111 since 2004, i have worked with KBR as a subcontract more than 4 years, i have teach my many expats because they was not professional they don’t know how to operate computer or they don’t know how to do there job, expats are making too much money because of American passport not for as a good work skills.
    mostly persons don’t like KBR, but i like it, i like KBR’s rules, especially SAFETY FIRST.

Everyone has a right to their own opinion.

17. Comment by Fluor Foreman:

remember it is how well you do your job and who you know

yes if you demob on your own fluor will hire.

TCN what site are you on last i checked it was the other way around

18. Comment by lookingforlogcapIV:

Does anyone have a clue what is going on with ITT and Astan? I thought that I would be getting the call, but even the recruiter doesnt have a clue what’s happening with the contract start date!

19. Comment by ballgame:

ITT has a few of their senior management on the ground with a few more coming on in Sept. I.e. HR Manager and a few others. They are meeting with the govt and KBR at the end of Sept to figure out the transition plan. It is still unclear as to what that timeframe will be. It is my understanding that following these initial meetings, ITT and Fluor will begin making offers to current incumbents depending on what areas are being transitioned first.

Hope that helps.

20. Comment by virender:

apply for the job of diesel mechanic

21. Comment by A-Craneman:

I’m scheduled to be in country @9/20. All this chatter is dishearting. I,m IUOE and compared to what I usually work with it sounds bad. But earlier this year I worked a power plant shut down(union operator/Mammoet) for non- union out fit and I can honestly say I was shocked. the things going on; lack of safe or well thought out daily operations. On top of things like; ” last week I was an inbalmer/ this week I drive the forklift” or “I’m a welder, I told them I didn’t know anything about rigging, THEY said I’d be fine”. I’ve got 20 year running cranes and to be truly honest I think the craftsmen are dieing out,No one is teaching anymore.Sure there are schools 3wks-6wks but all that’s being taught is how to pass the test.So in a way I think I know what to expect. As long as you do you job with a sense of pride in a safe manner and remember it’s just a job. If you don’t like it leave. Oh yeah! The thing about Language difficulties, on that job we had 3 safety meetings ; 1 ENGLISH 1 SPANISH 1 VEITMANESSE. THIS IS HERE IN THE U. S.

22. Comment by Neras!:

I have been trying to understand all these posts here, that I have been reading for the last hour or so. The argument based on Bosnian-American relation is really unneccessary and stupid. I’m Bosnian, I currently work for Fluor, so, wanted to say only one thing, I agree with the fact that Americans should be hired first, it is your tax money, after all, I also agree that we are not to be on the same pay scale. But, the fact is that Bosnia is in the middle of Europe. We are not India or Philippines. Do you think that life in Germany or Austria or even France is less expensive than USA? Don’t think so. Trust me, the life in Bosnia is much much more expensive than you can even imagine. I have a lot of American friends, people who actually respect me and all of us. We are all there for money first, but also to support the NATO operations, and believe it or not, there is actually Bosnian military standing side by side with US soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan. So, just wanted to say that we are on the same side here. Let’s just do our jobs the best as we can, get the money and go home safe.

• Comment by Tim:

I would love to see people go home safe, TO BOSNIA, KOSOVO AND MACEDONIA. You folks have stole enough from the US, ran your base prostitution and drug rings, now you steal American jobs, the Balkan conflict is over yet you guys still want to live off the US.

23. Comment by sograngerbat:

I helped with the setup of Baf and Kaf in 2002 and left in 2006. I had to demob in 2006 for personal reasons. i have been trying to get over for the longest time, with no luck. any suggestions?

24. Comment by Sage Trepasso:

I Have been to Iraq and afghanistan as an HVAC tech for KBR. It is a fact you have alot of politics and favoritism. It is a fact you can be sabotaged (i.e., demobed) if you cross swords with the wrong individual…maybe your white, maybe your black, maybe you just go against the grain or rock the boat, etc. What you need to do is just flat out get along. Don’t throw stones, etc, etc. The thing to remember is it is really easy to sit back and point fingers at how incompetent people are around you. It is easy to talk about the bad and ignore the good, no matter where you are in the world, not just on a kbr contract. It is easier to be a naysayer than to make an effort to just get along with person next to you. Everybody needs to remember, if you are working as a civilian military contractor you are riding a gravy train with biscuit wheels. We are all lucky to be able to fly over there, sit inside the sanctuary of 12 foot tall T-walls and cash in on our piece of the pie while young boys ride out and lose their limbs on a daily basis, oh and guess what, we make a tad bit more money than they do as well(not sure what basepay is for a PV2 makes). The reality is we are all ‘clanish’. We talk about the TCN’s. The TCN’s talk about us. Blacks talk about the Whites. Whites talk about the Blacks. The old timers talk about the youngsters. And the young bucks talk about the old codgers. The funny thing is, every group thinks they are right. We all take shortcuts, hide behind policies and procedures, and take the easy way out. Nobody is immune to laziness and self preservation. I consider myself lucky to have been a part of the show . I got to drink about a million gallons of coffee, take ‘water breaks’ all day long, make a few lifelong friends, further my career, and work on overengineered military equipment for a ton of tax free money.

25. Comment by RF:

I worked with KBR in Afghanistan and Iraq. I was wondering if anyone has any contact info for any Fluor recruiters. I have been doing the online applying but nothing is happening. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Comment by dlbii:

Good luck talking to a recruiter. They don’t do things like KBR. That is why KBR had so many problems, they do mass recruiting over the phone and ask if everyone wants the job. Fluor does one on one and is very thorough about your history. KBR treats everyone like cattle.

• Comment by Chad:

Flour does not hire many Americans cuz they want to much money. If you were like from Kosovo or somewhere around there it would be a walk on job for ya.

26. Comment by Jaymecub:

I spent two months with Fluor in FOB shank on Task order 2 as a work control supervisor. This company likes to sing it’s own praises but is the most unprofessional company I ever worked for. They are signing to say they are maintaining assets when they have no idea where half of them are. I hope uncle Sam catches up with this bunch and nails them

27. Comment by Eric:

The American tax dollar is getting spent on foreign workers what a sham.

That has been a common complaint. SCW workers willing to do whatever they are told without question because they are in a foreign land and their family needs money. Many unqualified for the tasks they perform. I did a post on that here. http://mssparky.com/2009/04/how-about-a-hire-american-act/ It is one of my pet peeves.

• Comment by michael:

i’m from your foreign land , i had to prvoide all up to date documentation before i got the job with kbr . also it was safety safety safety when i was there . people did’nt just do anything their told to do ,because if anything went wrong they got sacked along with the guy telling them to do it

28. Comment by terry:

i worked for kbr in 2004 for 8 months and got busted for being intoxicated on the project got sent home…..i went to alcohol rehab as required will that show as a no rehire? I would really like to go back.

29. Comment by Berkant,Krenzi:

hi,will there be any job interviews for LOGCAP in Macedonia or Kosovo,
    best regards

30. Comment by tmc008:

I saw first hand what a waste some departments could cause while I worked for KBR back in 2005/2006. I am an army veteran so I think I had more of the soldiers/Army’s values at heart. I moved up rather quickly but once I got to a certain point I hit a wall due to moral values. I worked power gen, I was a gen mechanic in the Army, my number one priority was to have power for the military. The Power Gen Supervisor for Afghanistan would rather make the military buy new generators rather than order new engines and replace just the failed engine. A new FG Wilson 250kw gen cost the military $48,000 and took over a year to come in where as a replacement engine was only $12,000 and FG Wilson had a warehouse full of them ready to ship. It is was common knowledge
    to know that the actual generator would last through two engines. I had many arguments with the Supervisor and you know what he told me? He said he would rather have KBR make 3% off the $48,000! He didn’t care that I had 55 remote sites (and growing) and that we were running out of generators and the bone yard was full of perfectly good generators with bad engines. He didn’t care about the waiting list, he was a KBR company man and I despised him with all my being. Come to find out that most of the upper management saw things this same way. And as I was leaving Bagram KBR to go work for a smaller company in Iraq I noticed the massive numbers of TCN’s coming in. I was the only American in my 10-man B-hut! Drove me crazy, felt like I was in a prison camp. Then once I was in Iraq I noticed how non-American KBR was. All the Americans were working for LSI and were treated like red-headed step children. I was appalled! This is an American company supporting American troops with foreigners! Do you know how many times I had 1sgt’s call me when I was in Afghanistan and say “get this TCN off my site, me and my soldiers are not comfortable with him here.” Countless times. I left contract work for a break in March of 2007 and I put my resume back in the pool in 2008 and haven’t heard a thing from KBR. I worked for them for well over a year and was an eligible rehire and a highly competent mechanic. But no, an electrician from Macedonia who didn’t know his a** from a hole in the ground when it came to generators got picked over me. Why? Cheaper. Do I have a problem with TCN’s? No, not in moderation. But I think they have there places, I don’t think they should ever be over 15% of the work force. I definitely don’t think they should be on the remote sites or FOB’s. And yes, I know quite a few very qualified Americans who have applied for jobs with KBR and never heard a word. When I put my resume in the first time back in 2005 I had a call in less than 24 hours! So yeah, I’m glad KBR lost their contract, maybe they’ll get their head out of their hindquarter and remember what they are supposed to be there for: to support the U.S. Military.

31. Comment by as usual:

For all those waiting for transition I have this to say. Fluor recruiters said we could use the 401k and take up to 21 days RnR. This was before transition. Now no 401k and it is up to site Mgt for days off on RnR. We can only take 15 days for RnR. They said this on the day we transitioned and not before. I have no problem with the RnRs but the HR staff from Fluor knew all about this and said nothing. They do appear to be more professional than KBR so far but time will tell.

32. Comment by sonic:

Can anybody tell me If Fluor hires green card holder/ US permanent resident?

33. Comment by THOMAS:

For a long time considered for projects in Afghanistan logcap because it appealed to KBR and now Dincorp and Fluor but could not find a contact in Macedonia if it has to consult further on whether there is an option for work in Afghanistan.
    If you have information about possible kotakt in Macedonia or regruter of fluor please give me the answers if possible.
    Thanks and nice work

34. Comment by Ron:

I was wondering if anyone out there knows much about DynCorp and how they are to work for. I was just contacted by a recruiter and offered a job in Afghanistan. I have worked for KBR in the past in Iraq and Afghanistan and don’t really know much about DynCorp….Any thoughts and input would be greatly appreciated. If you know anything about their processing, R & R etc.

35. Comment by Bob:

The rules were changed under the GAO for awarding government contracts. KBR had it easy for a long time on Logcap, but when it had to start bidding on every task order their performance just didn’t measure up to Fluor and Dyncorp.

As a person who has worked for both KBR and Fluor, I can tell you Fluor is a better value than KBR and is by FAR the safest EPC contractor.

• Comment by Frederick Sweet:

sorry man I have to disagree with you. I left Fluor cause they Do Not! know what they are doing and also they are outsourcing all American EX-pats

36. Comment by JACOB GEORGE:

I worked in Iraq as DFAC Location Manager under GCC (TCN Worker).I find that none of KBR Managers or supervisors are proffessional.They are lazy and simply get the work done by the TCN.Even most of the KBR staffs are useless and no productive.It is better US department should award the contracts to Dyncorp in all the military facilities than KBR.