180 Volts From Water Stream To Ground
This pic was sent to me today. It was taken in Iraq in March 2006. What you are seeing is 180.6 volts ac being read between the water stream and ground. No….the breaker is not tripping. Yes this photo is being sent to the appropriate people.
As you are aware there have been 18 accidental electrocutions in Iraq. Yes, some have died from accidental contact with power lines. But there has been at least one Soldier who died while in the shower. SSG Ryan Maseth was electrocuted and died while in his shower at his camp in Baghdad. Shocks in the bathroom are not an isolated incident and are much more common than what KBR or DoD admits.
Countrywide independent electrical inspections are about to start in Iraq. They have their work cut out for them.
Kudos to this electrician that had the forethought to take this photo. And thank you for sending it to me. If any of you have photos you would like to share send them to me.